Franklin Township Rookie League
Hello FTRL parents and players! Nothing quite like 12 inches of snow, -40 wind chills, and an extra week of christmas break to get you excited about baseball!
We are currently registering players for the spring season that starts on April 26. REGISTER NOW to ensure a spot for your child! The link for the secure signup is:
Some important dates to remember:
- Registration ends on FEB 25. We will have an in-person sign up at the FTRL concession stand on Feb 22 from 9:00 until noon
- Coaches meetings/draft - T-Ball and Minor leagues will be March 5 . Majors will meet on March 7.
- Practices will start on April 7.
- FIELD DAYS will be March 15 and April 5
- OPENING DAY!!! April 26
- Last games for T-Ball and Minors - June 14
- Tournament for Majors - Starts June 16
- PICNIC/SKILLS CHALLENGE/ALL-STAR GAME/CHAMPIONSHIP GAME - June 21
Dick's sporting goods has been a wonderful sponsor of our league in the past, and this year they are helping us out again. There will be a "little league day" at Dick's Sporting goods at Greenwood Park Mall on March 22. Participants can download a coupon for 20% off your entire purchase (not just baseball related, but there are some manufacturer's limitations).
IMPORTANT INFO FOR MAJOR LEAGUE PLAYERS AND COACHES
After a significant amount of debate and consideration, the board has reversed the earlier decision to redraft the entire major league every year. Coaches will now have their players through age 8. I would like to thank all those who took the time to email us with your own perspective. An important thing to remember, parents: If you wish your child to re-enter the draft to be on a different team for any reason, make sure you put that on your sign-up form in the comments section.
Thanks again, and lets hope for warmer weather and baseball!
President - FTRL
Visit our website @ www.ftrlbaseball.com.
Email us! FTRookieLeagueBaseball@gmail.com
Friend us on Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/people/Franklin-Township-Rookie-League/100001454114282
Follow us on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/FTRL_Baseball